We are very lucky at Haystax to have been given the pleasure of having this beautiful horse Valentine live with us. She is owned by our lovely friend Nicola but she has kindly donated Valentine to Haystax so she can have a happy retirement and receive lots of love and attention from us and our visitors.
- 16.3 hands high
- Black mare
- Breed - Friesian cross
- Born - 1999
- She came into a rescue centre in 2001 on Valentine's day, hence her name. She was found severely starved and underweight with a heavy worm burden. The vet came to see her that day and told us if she lay down she would be too weak to stand up again and would have to be put to sleep. However, after several months of treatment and plenty of food, she made a full recovery.
- In 2003 Valentine started her education to become a riding horse. She went to live with her owner in 2003 and had lots of fun taking part in pleasure rides and dressage competitions over the years.
- In 2010 Valentine had a lovely filly foal called Jasmine, she was a feisty little thing and later went on to be a good show jumper.
- In 2022 Valentine suffered an injury to her leg and she has come to Haystax’ to retire and will enjoy meeting all the visitors.
- Valentine's favourite things are carrots and apples.
- She enjoys having her withers scratched, that’s the part at the base of her neck.
- Also if you are gentle she loves to have the inside of her ear rubbed and often pulls a funny face whilst you do this.
- She doesn’t like water much and really dislikes having a bath.
Valentine when she entered the rescue centre:
When Haystax met Valentine: